Job Title: Events ands PR Advisor
Location: Purposeful, Studio 3A, Blue House Yard, 5 River Park Rd, London N22 7TB
Contract: Fixed term to 13 March 2020 (2 days per week until 31/1/2020, full time from 1/2/2020 to13/3/2020)
The With and For Girls Collective is a group of 11 organisations united by a common belief that girls are agents of change. Comic Relief, EMpower, FRIDA, Mama Cash, Nike Foundation, NoVo Foundation, Plan International UK, Stars Foundation, The Global Fund for Children, The Global Fund for Women and Purposeful have come together to co-create a global awards initiative to find and fund locally-led girl-centred organisations working with and for girls.
Despite the critical role that women and girls play in sustainable development, the World Bank estimates that less than 2 cents of every $1 spent on international aid is directed towards adolescent girls, and it is estimated that only about 1% of all official aid, and an even smaller portion of humanitarian assistance, goes directly to the global south.
The Collective demonstrates that donors can fund in a meaningful way, allowing grassroots girl-led organisations to receive the flexible funding they so desperately need.
In March 2020, With and For Girls will be hosting an awards week to celebrate the 25 winners of its 2019 awards selection process. Girls will be travelling to London from all over the world for a week of learning, sharing and celebration. An exciting component of this week will be our partnership with the Women of the World Festival taking place in London’s Southbank Centre, which will feature the With and For Girls Award winners and the award ceremony.
Working with the With and For Girls Director and Communications and Influencing team to:
- Deliver on a new partnership with the WOW - Women of the World Festival at London’s Southbank Centre, working on the partnership to plan, produce and deliver a high profile awards ceremony event on Friday 6th March 2020 to celebrate and raise the profile of the 2019 With and For Girls Award winners.
- Produce press materials to promote the awards ceremony and each award winner and obtain coverage in relevant outlets, including liaison with internationally-based award winners to secure live press or in-person interviews whilst they are in London during awards week.
- Working closely with WOW to identify opportunities for joint marketing and communications, and for WFG winners to be involved in other panels at the WOW festival, through liaison with the Programmes team and Award winners.
- Support the Programmes Team to deliver the 2019 WFG Awards and preparations for Awards week in 2019.
- Work across organisation to support communications requirements – including proof-reading, design and printing of reports, publication of research, etc. and ensure staff utilise brand guidelines.
- Ensuring adherence to safeguarding and media consent policies
- Champion the mission and values of WFG with an aim to create sustainable positive change in the lives of adolescent girls, and to leverage greater resources from philanthropy seeking to support locally-led organisations.
- Plan for a comprehensive and timely handover of responsibilities to the returning Communications and Influencing Executive in January 2020.
- Extensive event planning, management and execution experience
- Press liaison and a portfolio of relevant contacts
- Organisational skills
- Excellent written English
- Outstanding proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of content creation, planning, monitoring and responding on social media platforms for public audiences
- Ability to take a proactive approach
- Experience using a content management system
- Experience working with grassroots organisations
- Experience working on issues affecting women and girls
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Nepali or Hindi
< GO BACK APPLY
To submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a CV and one page cover letter by Friday 13 December 2019, and include ‘JOB APPLICATION’ in the subject line.
Interviews will take place on week beginning 16 December 2019. This post will require a Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure.