Job Title: Programme Officer-Partner and Salone Adolescent Girls’ Network, Karo Kura
Reporting Lines: Reports to the Senior Programme Manager
Location: Freetown, with regular visits to the Provinces
Contract: 2.5 years Fixed Contract (Subject to Probationary Period)
The Programme Officer plays a central role in the execution of programme strategy designed to achieve Purposeful’s mission. This includes responsibility for developing partnerships with grassroots organisations and making funding recommendations to the Board of Directors; managing The Salone Adolescent Girls’ Network activities at national and district level; supporting the organisational development of grantee-partners through supportive interactions; and documenting the lessons learned in supporting community-driven change.
In order to execute their responsibilities effectively, the Programme Officer must maintain an in-depth knowledge of the priorities and strategies of Purposeful grant-making, learning and evaluation, as well as advocacy programme and develop a deep knowledge around adolescent girls.
- Manage grant-making for a cohort of partners by conducting the required due diligence to make funding recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Provide technical support and guidance to partners in developing budgets and implementation plans; monitor implementation of programmes, paying attention to efficacy of programmes to achieve stated goals
- Support partners to meet both financial and narrative reporting requirements
- Conduct quarterly support visits to understand context, partner strengths and challenges, and to support and monitor implementation of programmes
- Collaborate with other team members in the assessment of partner capacity and in planning accompaniment strategies
- Accompany grantee-partners in their organisational development by identifying and using effective approaches, tools, and opportunities
- Facilitate opportunities to network grantee-partners for sharing, learning and collaboration
- Document activities and shares effective practices across grantee partners and across portfolios.
COORDINATE SALONE ADOLESCENT GIRLS’ NETWORK
- Conduct annual landscape analysis to identify advocacy opportunities for the Network to use its collective voice to advance the rights and access to resources and services
- Conduct periodic surveys of network members to identify their organisational development needs and programming priorities
- Create annual work plan for the network, focused on network goals and objectives
- Create opportunities for the network to convene, communicate, and share information
- Lead Network meetings and ensure partner representation and participation in forming and leading the agenda
- Facilitate peer learning and professional development for network members
- Document all network activities including meetings and trainings as well as advocacy
- Coordinate Network Strategic Planning meetings
- Follow up actions from Network meetings
- Support the formation and running of District Network meetings
LEARNING AND INSIGHTS
- Engage the work with an ongoing lens of learning and inquiry to capture and surface the knowledge emerging through the work.
- Collaborate with the appropriate staff and with grantee-partners to capture learning and insights.
- Guide grantee-partner efforts to capture information, interpret findings, and synthesise lessons learned.
- Facilitate learning and reflection processes with grantee-partners, support them to use insights to improve their programmes
- Stay abreast of issues related to adolescent girls, movement-building, and community development by reviewing publications and attending related conferences, meetings, and other events
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
- Respond to information needs and requests of the Country Manager and Senior programme Manager
- Represent Salone Adolescent Girls Network at the Community of Practice meetings and events
- Participate in all activities of the National Secretariat for the Reduction of Teenage Pregnancy relating to adolescent girls
- Maintain and develop relationships with peer organisations and other key stakeholders as necessary to support grantee-partners and support the goals of Purposeful
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant Line Ministries through engaging on issues affecting adolescent girls
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to share knowledge with internal and external stakeholders. Represent Purposeful, as assigned, including making presentations at conferences and other fora
- Participate in annual training on safeguarding policies and procedures
- Liaise with Purposeful and Partner Safeguarding Focal Persons to undertake safeguarding assessment and maintain all safeguarding procedures and standards at the safe spaces
- Ensure that safeguarding policy and procedures are followed on all activities that include girls
- Conduct review of grantee-partner safeguarding policies, procedures, reporting and follow-up on reported cases. Share any observed risks or concerns to the Safeguarding Officer
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Supervise Fellows, as assigned
- Lead special projects or take on additional tasks as assigned
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
< GO BACK APPLY
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in relevant field.
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent girl-centered programming, community-based organisations, and social change
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English, with ability to provide succinct summaries of high volumes of complex information
- Computer literate (MS Office: WORD, EXCEL, PP, e-mail, Internet)
- Ability to network and collaborate with government ministries, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritisation and time management
- Strong coordination, training and facilitation skills
- Conceptual thinking skills with demonstrated ability to think strategically, set goals and objectives, and execute strategy
- Strong time management skills, with ability to effectively multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain regular contact and meaningful communication with a wide range of grantee-partners and other collaborators
- Competency in project management with demonstrated ability to maintain balanced perspective between the big picture and the details
- Dedicated to upholding the values and approaches that define Purposeful’s work.
- Committed to Purposeful’s mission and values
- Believe in and support our feminist values